Nungurner Primary School, No. 4226, was established in 1924. The school is located in East Gippsland in a quiet, rural, bushland setting a short distance from the Nungurner Jetty and the Gippsland Lakes. Excursions to the jetty to learn about the local environment and try a spot of fishing help to develop students' appreciation of the beautiful environment they have the privilege to learn in.
The school buildings are sited in attractive surroundings featuring several outdoor playing areas including playing courts, adventure playgrounds, a large shade-covered sandpit, quiet seating areas and a large oval.