A Brief History of Our School
Nungurner Primary School was officially opened on 15th September 1924.
Nungurner Primary School was officially opened on 15th September 1924 in what was the Nungurner Hall (until it was destroyed by fire in 2010). A move made in 1948 to have a new school built close to the lake near the Nungurner Jetty failed.
In 1950 the old building was extended. In February 1963 the Education Department provided one of the present classrooms on land purchased from Mr. Peter Bury. At a later stage a second classroom was moved from Bemm River and added to the existing facilities and in early 1997 a third portable class room was added along with a balcony with a very pleasant view.
During 2009 and 2010 the school experienced significant improvement in facilities through the National School Pride and Building the Education Revolution programs. Two new classrooms were opened in July 2010.
PHOTO - The image of the school below was taken prior to 1954. Pictured are Don Feidler & Jack Crouch.